Monday, October 3, 2011

New Docs List UI - Viewing Density

Ok so this is wonderful.  Today Google Docs is fully rolling out the new UI for the Docs List.  But the thing I am most excited about is Viewing Density!  You have the ability to choose how dense your Docs List appears.  This works by changing the amount of white space between Docs in the Docs List.  Currently there are three settings Comfortable, Cozy, and Compact.  Personally, I enjoy the least white space between Docs as possible (Compact View).  To change the viewing density click on the little gear in the top right corner (not the complete upper right corner).  The mouse over should say "Settings."  You can then choose your density and see a real-time change.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. "Personally, I enjoy the least white space between Docs as possible (Compact View)." me too.

    Good work on this blog, Ted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I try to insert a pic, I reduce the big ones and make sure it is less than 2MB as stated but even when I try to insert, say a 668K pic, I get the error message the pic must be less than 2000 pixels. What to do now?

    Hope you can help, can't seem to find a place to send this to google. When I find a question that might answer it, the discussion is closed and no answer has been found. garymccaslin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gary,
    I would suggest creating a new post on the forum and providing links to the closed threads. Then hopefully we can tackle it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete